It was music to my ears to see that the government has promised more mental health support for schools. They are suggesting that mental health teams could offer students the help they need to overcome their difficulties. There has always been a stigma with mental health issues and I have had experience of this while working in schools, universities and for the most vulnerable people in our society. My passion is to encourage more men to seek help when they are feelings ‘out of sort’s”.
Big boys DO cry and it’s about time we began to listen to them.
Whatever our age or situation in life, we do not have to suffer alone. Here are some helpful links to support:
· The Samaritans are open 24 hours a day. Call 116 123 or email email@example.com
· The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) offers support for men. Call 0800 58 58 58 between 17:00 and 00:00.
· Papyrus helps people under 35. Call 0800 068 41 41 Mon to Fr 10am to 10pm
· Childline is available for children and young people under 19. Call 0800 1111 (the number will not show on your bill).
· The Silver Line helps older people. Call 0800 4 70 80 90.